Netaji Subhas University of Technology, NSUT, New Delhi
Formerly Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology
Azad Hind Fauj Marg, Sector 3, Dwarka
New Delhi, Delhi
Phone-No: 011 25000268 ext. 2325
Fax: 011 25099025
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nsut.ac.in
Towards meeting the growing demand of manpower in the field of technology, the then Delhi Administration, with the approval of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Govt. of India, established a new Engineering College by the name of Delhi Institute of Technology (DIT) in July, 1983. In the year 1983, the Institute started with the academic program at UG level in the area of Electronics & Communication Engineering with an intake of 45 Students under the Faculty of Technology, University of Delhi. New programs in the areas of Computer Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, and Manufacturing Processes & Automation Engineering were added subsequently. Administrative autonomy was granted to the institute in 1986. The Institute was registered as a Society in the name of “Delhi Institute of Technology” (DIT) on 12th June 1987 under the Societies Registration Act No. XXI of 1860 (Registration No. S-17742 of 1987). The Institute initiated Ph.D. programs in 1989 and also formulated a number of PG programs, four of which were approved by the AICTE in the year 1994. The Institute has been and is affiliated to University of Delhi for all its UG, PG and Ph.D. programs.
From 1983 till 1998, the Institute was operating from its old campus at the old I.G. Block, Kashmere Gate, Delhi - 110006. The Institute was formally inaugurated in its own new campus in Dwarka, New Delhi, 23rd January, 1997 by Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayee , the former Prime Minister of India. The Institute was renamed as "Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology" (NSIT) in the year 1997 vide Gazette notification No. D.L. - 33002/97 dated 20.02.1997.
PhD [Disciplines: ECE/ICE/Mechanical/COE/IT/BT/Physics/Chemistry/Maths/English and Management]
An applicant possessing a Master Degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/ Management/Humanities/Social Sciences in the respective discipline or equivalent with a minimum 60% of marks or equivalent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA shall be eligible to apply for admission to Ph.D. programme of the University. However, the candidates applying for Teaching-cum-Research Fellowship (TRF) shall be required to have a Master Degree in the respective discipline with 70% marks or equivalent CGPA and Bachelor’s Degree with a 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA. In case, the equivalence between the percentage of marks and CGPA is not defined by the University from where the candidate has obtained the qualifying degree, then the UGC/AICTE equivalence criteria shall be applicable. Refer to Appendix -I of brochure for the details of eligibility with respect to Master Degree in Engineering/Technology/Sciences/ Management/Humanities/Social Sciences
How to Apply:
Candidates willing to apply for admission in Ph.D programme must visit NSUT Admission website. Online application process will start from Feb 08, 2019. Detailed admission schedule (tentative) is also available on this website along with other related details about courses, eligibility criteria, number of seats, fee details etc.
· Candidates are required to first register themselves and fill complete Online application form.
· Separate application forms are to be filled for each division. Candidates need to provide different Mobile number to submit multiple application forms.
· An 7-digit registration number will be generated by system before filling of Online Application Form. Candidates are required to note down the registration number for future use as this application number is the login ID for candidate’s account on this website.
· Candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of his photograph and signature in JPEG format only. In case candidate does not upload above images. His/ Her application form will be rejected.
· Once application is confirmed by the candidate, he/she cannot change any details filled in the application form.
· After confirmation of the Online Application FORM, candidates can submit the registration fee from student account on admission website.
· All candidates who have completed and submitted the online application form successfully can later on login to this website using their registration number and password generated during registration process.
NOTE: While filling the application form, students are required to fill the percentage of qualifying examination. In case result is given in CGPA/FGPA student should fill the percentage as per the formula prescribed by the University. (This conversion proof they must produce at the time of written test/Interview/admission). In case University has not prescribed any guidelines, the students should use
the formula as per AICTE guidelines. For example if the CGPA is 8.5 in the scale of 10 then percentage will be .
(8.5-0.75) X 10 = 77.5%
Candidates are required to submit a copy of application form (submitted online) along with one Passport size photograph and one set of attested copies of certificates and mark sheets (please check the list of documents required on the website) on the date of Written Test/Interview. Admission will be offered to selected candidates as mentioned in the admission schedule. If some seats remain vacant at the end of a round, waitlisted candidates will be offered admission in next round subject to availability of vacant seats.
Application Processing Fee (Non-refundable): Rs.1000/- (Rs. One Thousand only)
Online Application Submission: 8th February, 2019 to 22nd February, 2019
Written Test: 2nd March, 2019
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.nsut.ac.in