Nirma University Institute of Technology, NUIT, Ahmedabad
Nirma University of Science and Technology
Sarkhej-Gandhinagar Highway, Post: Chandlodia, Via: Gota,
Phone-No: 02717 - 241900 to 04 241911 to 15
Fax: 02717 - 241916 – 17
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.nirmauni.ac.in
Institute of Technology, Nirma University, earlier known as Nirma Institute of Technology, started in 1995 by Nirma Education and Research Foundation (NERF), was the first self-financed engineering college in Gujarat. Within 18 years of inception, Institute of Technology is a leading hub of education, offering multidisciplinary undergraduate, postgraduate and Ph.D. programmes in engineering. The institute is ranked within top 25 self-financed engineering colleges of India in the survey conducted by various rating agencies. The faculty members and students of the Institute have won many prestigious awards and bring laurels to the institute.
Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme
· The applicant for the Post- Doctoral Fellowship Programme shall possess a Ph.D. or equivalent degree from a recognised University, other than Nirma University.
· The applicant should have three publications in high quality Journals (listed in the Web of Science / SCOPUS / Hein Database / Indian Citation Index / ABDC / EBSCO – Art & Architecture Database or similar international agency).
· The upper age limit of the candidate is 40 years (at the time of the submission of application). Age relaxation of 5 (five) years is given to the women candidates.
· The candidates, who have completed their earlier post-doctoral fellowship assignment are also eligible.
Procedure of Admission
For admission to the Postdoctoral Fellowship Programmes, the University invites the applications through advertisement in newspapers, social media and the University website. The candidates have to apply in a format prescribed by the University and also have to submit necessary copies of certificates, biodata, list of publications, detailed Research Proposal, etc. The Research Proposal should include the Research Project Title, Research Objectives, Project Summary, Expected Outcomes of the proposed Research, Requirement of Infrastructure/Equipment/Software, Timeline of the Research, etc. The candidate would make a presentation of Research Proposal before the Selection Committee. Followed by the presentation, there will be personal interview of the candidate. The Selection Committee makes its recommendations on the basis of the biodata, publications of the candidates, presentation by the candidate, novelty of the research proposal and personal interview.
How to Apply:
1. The applicant who fulfills the necessary requirements can apply for the Post-Doctoral Fellowship Programme admissions by filling up the prescribed Application Form and paying the Processing Fee.
2. Applicants should submit the duly filled in Application Form along with non-refundable admission Processing Fee of Rs.1250/-. A Demand Draft drawn in favour of Nirma University, payable at Ahmedabad should accompany the Form.
3. List of Enclosures to be submitted are as under:
- Qualifying examination mark-sheets/grade sheets, Certificate of Passing of Master Degree and Ph.D. Degree.
- Authenticated document showing conversion from CPI/CGPA to percentage, wherever applicable.
- Proof of age.
- Certificate of research/ work experience, if any.
- Tentative Research Proposal (including a Research Project Title, Research Objectives, Project Summary, Expected Outcome of the proposed research and Details with regard to requirement of infrastructure/equipment/software, timeline of research, etc.)
- Copies of the technical papers published in refereed journals.
4. No TA/DA will be given to candidates for attending the admission process.
5. Hard copy of Application Form duly filled with all enclosures and demand draft must be sent to:
Deputy Registrar (Ph.D. Section),
1st Floor, Institute of Management Building,
Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway,
Ahmedabad – 382 481
Phone: + 91-02717-241911-15, 079-71652682
For Application Form please visit College website.
Application Process Begins: 20th February, 2020
Application Process Ends: 09th April, 2020
PhD (Full-Time and Part-Time) [PhD Programmes offered in the University are by the Faculty of Technology & Engineering, Faculty of Pharmacy, Faculty of Science, Faculty of Management, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Architecture]
For Ph.D. (Full-Time and Part-Time Programme): Candidates for admission to the. programme shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in the UGC 7-point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) or an equivalent degree from a foreign educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions..
Candidates possessing a Degree considered equivalent to M.Phil. Degree of an Indian Institution, from a Foreign Educational Institution accredited by an Assessment and Accreditation Agency which is approved, recognized or authorized by an authority, established or incorporated under a law in its home country or any other statutory authority in that country for the purpose of assessing, accrediting or assuring quality and standards of educational institutions, shall be eligible for admission to Ph.D. programme.
How to Apply:
· The Application Form Processing Fee for the Ph.D. Programme is Rs. 1250/- (non-refundable). The application will be considered complete only after payment of the Application Form Processing Fee through online mode.
· The applicant who fulfills the necessary requirements can apply for the Ph.D. admissions in Full-Time, Part-Time, Part-Time (Visvesvaraya Scheme only for Technology & Engineering) or all the categories. Those who are applying for all the three categories will have to pay the processing fee of Rs. 1250/- + Rs. 1250/-+1250/- = Total Rs. 3750/
List of Enclosures to be uploaded are as under:
· Qualifying examination mark-sheets/grade sheets, Certificate of Passing of Graduation and Master Degree
· Authenticated document showing conversion from CPI/CGPA to percentage, wherever applicable
· Certificate of UGC-NET/SLET (Including JRF) / Score Card of GATE with validity of duration and cut-off marks / Certificate of Teacher Fellowship Holder / Certificate of M.Phil. Programme.
i) Experience Certificate, if applicable
ii) Certificate of Research Experience, if any
iii) No Objection Certificate from the present employer (applicable for the full-time sponsored candidates)
iv) No Objection Certificate and Infrastructural Support Certificate for conducting research from the present employer (applicable for only the part-time candidates)
v) Tentative Research Proposal (including a tentative title, objectives of research, proposed methodology, time –line, etc.)
vi) Copies of the technical papers published in refereed journals, if any
Deputy Registrar (Ph.D. Section)
1st Floor, Institute of Management
Nirma University, Sarkhej Gandhinagar Highway
Ahmedabad – 382 481
Ph: + 91-02717-241911-15, 079-71652682
Last Date for Application: 9th April, 2020
To know more Information about this courses please visit: www.nirmauni.ac.in